23 October 2009

Loosing the love

Crack is bad, m'kay.

I've been using Crank Bros. pedals for a little over 2 years now. For the most part, I think they're great -- they offer a variety of different pedal platforms -- the same cleats fit my Egg Beaters and Mallets. Clicking in and out is better than any other pedal I've used and their generous float keeps my knees happy.

But not all is bliss. On the way to work this morning, I broke the third spring in just over two years -- including one earlier this year. Same exact failure every time. Yeah, I can cobble together a fix to limp home, but I can't articulate just how pissed I'd be to snap a spring half way through PBP…

Guess it's time to contact the folks at Crank Bros to see what they say…

1 comment:

Joe K said...

Crank Bros: See ya. After also breaking 3 pedals in 2 years I've switched to Shimano.

On my recumbent I find them easier to get into and out of.